Christopher Haunschild is a tax attorney with more than twenty years of experience representing U.S. multinational corporations in their mergers and acquisitions and global tax planning initiatives. He has been a Partner and Senior Counsel in some of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the country, and served as a senior in-house tax advisor for Fortune 500 retail and technology companies. He has structured and implemented various cross-border corporate, partnership and limited liability company transactions with an aggregate value greater than $100 Billion in the form of tax-free and taxable mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, joint ventures, spin-offs, and split-offs. Chris takes an eminently practical approach to tax and transactional planning. He identifies significant tax-saving initiatives, leads the implementation of new structures, and manages the considerations of impacted stakeholders. Chris has advised companies in virtually every sector, including financial services, investment banking, retail, computer hardware, computer applications, technology services, software, semiconductors, medical devices, web-based consumer services, apparel, footwear, energy, and consumer products.
Taxation, Tax Planning, Mergers & Acquisitions
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1994
- University of Tulsa, J.D., 1993
- Trinity University, B.A., 1989
- New York Bar, 1994
- California Bar, 2009
- Florida Bar, 2012
- Not Admitted to Practice in Texas
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Advised companies on transactions with an aggregate value greater than $100 Billion, working in all aspects of M&A, such as due diligence, structuring, modeling, price and term negotiations, document drafting, and related disciplines.
- Intercompany Transaction Documentation – Partnered with internal and external tax and transaction teams to identify the critical intercompany transaction flows and the optimal way to document the transactions, and then draft necessary documentation to fully implement the transactions in a cost-effective manner.
- Highly-Technical Global Tax Planning – Possesses significant expertise in subpart F, check-the-box planning, and tax issues of offshore companies; structured and implemented various cross-border corporate, partnership and limited liability company transactions in the form of tax-free and taxable mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, joint ventures, and spin-offs.
- Supply Chain and IP Management – Developed, analyzed, and implemented global supply chain, offshore IP, and principal company structures in the AsiaPac, Americas, and EMEA regions.
- Transfer Pricing – Advised US multinational companies on the transfer pricing consequences of their operations and proposed transactions in North America, Latin America, EMEA, and the AsiaPac regions.
- Chris is married and the father of two young children. He is an avid outdoorsman who, through his charitable foundation, spends considerable time and resources helping preserve and restore our rivers and oceans. Although busy, Chris always finds time to devote to his children—fishing, playing, and serving as a little league baseball coach and Cub Scout Den Leader.